View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #13
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

Crew-cab F-150, and absolutely love it! Mine is a 2003 with 190K and runs a like a champ with only minimal maintenance and service issues. Of course the mileage isn't where I'd like it to be but I figure that's compromise for the size of the truck and its capabilities. I drive for work so I am in a Taurus during the week but on the weekend we are primarily in the truck. I've looked into smaller trucks but with 3 kids under 7 it's not an ideal fit right now, otherwise I would be back in a Tacoma. Had one prior to the kids and loved it, more reliable than anything else out there with better mileage than my full-size. Have to agree with what others have said, buy based on your daily habits and outfit it for what you need. I've gone out with guys in everything from Honda sedans to Volvo wagons, with the choice in racks today there is almost no vehicle that can't be fitted to haul a kayak and fishing gear. Prior to the Taurus we had an Odyssey and that was a great vehicle for recreational activities. I liked that all my gear could be safely stored inside if I wanted to stop anywhere prior to or following fishing, plus I used it a couple times to head down the night before and just slept in the back. I even went camping one time last minute and just slept in the van instead of having to setup a tent and it was super comfy. Find something that is comfy and meets your average daily needs.
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote