View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #28
steveooo

What a fun day. Huge shout out to Drake for putting the whole event together. It was obvious that a lot of hard work and planning went into the tourney. Also a huge thanks to Team Sewer for stepping up and helping out with both the sign-ins as well as cooking for the group. You guys were cranking out fried fish like there was no tomorrow.

Kayakers were well represented in the tourney. Kayakers could only use fish they caught on their own, but the boats could use fish from anyone on the boat to come up with a combined weight. Even with that handicap, kayakers took 3 out of the top 5 spots that were weighed in. Jorge took 1st in the yak division, and I was .02 of a lb (Ouch!) behind him for 2nd place. I think a fish fart weighs about 2/100’s of a pound, but the scale wouldn’t move even a tiny bit more. I still got a cool $150 for 2nd place, plus some additional cash for the jackpot vermillion, and I scored a rod/reel combo in the raffle, as well as a ½ day guided trip with the one and only Jim Sammons (I choose a ½ day in Panama). Pretty good day overall.

I forgot to take pics. Here are the only 2 I managed to snap.

Here is my buddy James with his stringer. Thanks to Andy for bringing down the rental yak.

Here is my kicker red. He was tasty fish tacos last night.

Super fun day. Nice to see a lot of old faces, and to meet a few new guys. Really looking forward to doing this again next year.

Steve
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote