View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
FishNinjaY

Pro Angler on Car Top

There's a thread going on the FB Hobie Fishing page, but thought I'd ask here as well.

Does anyone put their Pro Angler (12 or 14) on top of their car for transport? Any special issues or considerations? Car or SUV or minivan?

I already haul a Hobie Oasis tandem on my Honda Accord. I have the Yakima round bars, Mako saddles, and hully rollers. I'm thinking of adding the Yakima Showboat or the Seattle Sherpa Roller. Right now, I've been strapping the oasis on the round cross bars, HULL DOWN, and the hull has gotten some minor dents. I'm thinking of switching it up, and sliding the oasis (or PA) up there, and then try to roll it over, HULL UP, onto it's top edges? Those seem more rigid and stable?

I haven't gotten a PA yet, but thinking about it. I'd probably get the PA12. Ideally, I'd prefer a truck for transporting, but wife is veto'ing that idea for now.

Here's a pic of a PA on a pretty new-looking, smallish sedan (pic from SunJammers.com in FL & FB Hobie Kayak Fishing page) ... so I guess it's do-able. Just wondering how much of a pain-in-the-ass it will be? Probably no different than my current set-up?

Thanks guys.
-J

Last edited by FishNinjaY; 04-05-2014 at 10:19 AM.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote