View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
shawny

Question 3/4 Day SD Charter Boats

Hey everybody!

So I'm one of those lurkers on BWE, hoping to invest in a Hobie "soon"... Anyway, my buddies and I are planning to celebrate my friend's 30th B-Day by going on a 3/4 day boat in SD next Saturday 4/12 to see if we can score some Yellowtail if they are around. There are 9 of us.

Any suggestions or thoughts regarding which boat we should go out on? So far we're still trying to choose amongst: the Malihini out of H&M, the Mission Belle out of Point Loma, or the San Diego out of Seaforth. I believe all three boats basically fish the same vicinity, so it will probably come down to the captain, deckhands, boat spaciousness, and overall customer service.

About half of us are more "experienced" boat anglers (primarily rockfishing). Other half have experience, but not as much. Half of us will be using yoyo and surface irons (Salas 6x Jr, 7x Jr, 7x Lite, Candy Bar, etc) and the other half will be flylining sardines.

If YT are out there, we just really want to score a few.. or at least one... so the birthday boy can go home happy. I know most of you guys probably fish the yak exclusively (so jealous..) but hopefully some of you have some insight!

Thanks in advance!

Fish On,
Shawn
shawny is offline   Reply With Quote