View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

one more trip. LBC

got a last minute call from my buddy who i go lobstering with. he said "lets do 1 more trip before we put the lobster gear away". cool. it is probably our last trip this season so i didnt even bother checking the tide or forecast. all i wanted to do was catch 4 more bugs so we could hit 100 lobsters this season. hooked up the boat and got to the launch ramp at 6pm. pretty damn windy. basically zero tide movement. and the launch ramp parking lot was pretty damn crowded.

on our way out we saw a few guys already pulling nets. we were late but oh well. headed to our usual Sea Launch spot until we saw a boat sitting on one of our honey holes. damn. went to our plan-b spot and saw a boat on that too. (we've seen both of those boats at the launch ramp a few times and they always ask us where we go... i guess they were spying on us and found our spots. oh well). decided to try our luck on a new wall that we've been meaning to test out. 20-30min soaks. here's the results.

3 sets dropped.... 40 lobsters caught.... 28 were legal.... 14 were kept

got back to the launch ramp and washed the boat down. saw one of the boats come back and we asked them how they did... 5 bugs. they asked us how we did and got mad when we showed them the answer. they'll be looking for us again, but too bad we probably wont be going for lobsters until next season.

*water bottle is for size reference*