Thread: Bass ID
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #59
87yota4runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Are the Freshwater bass still legal at 12" or did they go up to 14" also? I haven't checked the freshwater regs since I've been fishing Saltwater the last 3 years.

Yes all freshwater bass are defined as black bass and a 12" 5 fish limit applies(unless you somehow found some in a stream, river, canal, or a fully private lake/pond, in that case there is no size limit' but still a 5 fish limit)
Freshwater bass just dont have enough room or time in the water to get huge out here in cali, just too many people. Ive never caught a largemouth in big bear, only smallmouth, same with lake arrowhead. I did see a guy who lugged out an 8lb largemouth in silverwood by bouncing a jig from the shore back to his boat right on the side of the main fishing dock by the loading ramp. I had seriously fished that spot from the shore for like an hour without a single bite. I guess casting towards the shore is really what triggers the bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk