Thread: Getting started
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #14
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsabox View Post
Ok thanks for the Thule rack you have, did OEX install it for you or did you do that yourself? I'll be honest I need help for an install.

I installed mine. Takes about 20-30 minutes, probably less if you read the instructions once through before starting. I'm sure that Andy would help you out with an install if you buy the racks from him. His number at the shop is 562-592-0800.

If you do decide to do it yourself, it's pretty easy.

First step is to set the width between the feet on the bars. In the instructions it will tell you the required distance for your exact make/model/year of car. It has numbers stamped on the bottom of the rack which make sure you are in the correct position. Just slide the feet to the number it tells you.

[/URL]

Next step is to make sure the racks are put on the proper spot on the roof of the car. Again, they tell you this number in the instructions, and they give you a measuring tape.

[/URL]

Once the racks are in the correct position, you tighten them down using the allen key they provide.

[/URL]

They actually give you 4 of those allen keys. You just leave them in the feet, close the feet up, and you are ready to go.

[/URL]

[/URL]
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote