View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #48
Cbad Mike

Lots of great input from everyone.

My personal thought on the subject of fish reports.

If you want an up to date fish report GO FISHING! Get out on the water and make friends!
You want to know where I caught fish the day before? Then meet me at the launch at 5 am, say hello and introduce yourself. I'll be more than happy to paddle out with you and show you where and how I was successful the day before.

I don't usually post timely fish reports on BWE for the following reasons.

1. If you were really interested in catching fish you would be on the water regularly and therefore wouldn't need a report.

2. From putting my time in otw (a lot of time) I've met some really cool people and we share information because we all know that each of us works hard to find the fish. I don't think it would be fair to share info that was given to me from someone else's hard work. If you want a report than deserve a report, Help other people and make friends! Kayak fishing isn't Obama Care or Welfare... you don't get rewarded for doing nothing.

3. I get skunked more times in a month then most people on BWE fish in a year so frankly I feel that I deserve to enjoy those days when the fish are jumping in my kayak more than someone who only blows the dust off of their kayak when it's sunny with no swell and 79 degrees out.

4. Why in the hell would I post a great day on the water for all of the power boaters to read? If you don't know why that's a bad thing then your not on the water enough.

5. There are no fish in La Jolla.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick it's just how I honestly feel and I think a lot of other anglers feel the same way. Is it really that hard to understand?