View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws197 View Post
From what I gathered Jimmy it was predominately about flow through the cages to keep the bait its healthiest. The further you go back in the bay the slower the flow, they are adamantly opposed to be further back in the bay than they are now.

I agree totally about keeping the mess down and the smell close to the bigger tourist attraction at Harbor Island.
It's funny the Navy is getting all grumpy about this, that thing has been in that area for as long as I can remember. I remember my dad and I heading out there when I was 7 to get bait, and I'm now 41. So it's been there a long time. It is the best location for it because of the better water flow. Moving it to the back of the bay would really mess up the bait. I think the only choices for them to move it would be where the sport boats come out so that they don't have to do anything but go from the dock, to the barge, to the fishing grounds. Similar to what Mission Bay has. I'm sure they could make it work They may have to make it smaller than it currently is, but I think moving it there would be the best choice.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote