View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
aguachico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mugu View Post
How is the front hatch easier when you can go tips first reels attached through the rod pod? I think that was how it was intended from the first place.

As for the sonar shield, I never stow my sonar during surf launches(and I think we have a little more surf to deal with up here) and see no issues with the shield...it gets alot less splash than just leaving it up on deck.
With the shield I kept my sonar attached and powered for 2 weeks straight and 6 outtings, having just pulled it off last weekend.

Not using either of the 2 would negate the need to even have a Trident...no?
I'm glad it works for ya and the big surf you have up there. Don't worry yourself about it if the ROD POD brings you such joy. My point is that I've sat in enough yaks to know how to rig them without any special design, salad bowl or rod pod.

Who said I dont use the rod pod or salad bowl? I use both very well and my yak is fucking tight. Lean mean fish killing machine, I'm just smart enough not to mount a humminbird below the deck.

See if it was such a great place to mount it, it wouldn't need a shield would it? Since the shield only blocks water coming from the bow, what do you do when it comes from port, aft or starboard? use your feet? lol
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote