View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
todd one

Can you guy guys smell it?

You guys smell something stinking? That would be me. Got skunked in SD Bay yesterday, eleven hours worth. I launched a Kellog at 8am and went to the bait barge. From the bait barge I slow trolled all the way to the point, and not a bite. At the point I thought, time to go to the sweet spot, and crossed the channel to the jetty. Slow trolled all the way back down the jetty, and not a bite. Still pretty confident I kept trolling along North Island after about three hours I ended up down by Harbor Island, and not a bite. At that point I decided to cross over to the fuel dock for a sandwich break.

After my sandwich break I stated trolling around by Tom Ham's Lighthouse and along Shelter Island. Not a bite. Now it was getting a little late in the afternoon and I was starting to get a little discouraged . With the pictures of friends 30 plus pound Halibut recently caught in my mind, I decided to cross back over and head back up to the jetty, hoping to catch something substantial. So I crossed over, slow trolled all the way back up to the jetty, and not a bite. At That point it was really getting in late the afternoon. So I decided to got to the half way point of the jetty and turn back so I could get back to Kellog before dark. Just like the rest of the day, not a bite on the second troll along the jetty. After that I wanted to troll back to Kellog, but I was losing the race against the setting sun, so I hull ass back empty handed.

I got back at 7pm, cold, wet, hungry, and tired. It was one of those days. I couldn't have put forth any more effort than I did, so I wasn't too disappointed. No one ask me where the Halibut are, I don't know. If you know please tell me.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote