View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
taggermike

I got stopped going in to Gonzaga bay years ago with a gringo buddy who speaks fluent spanish and this guy's brother-in-law. I can follow along all right in espanol. Any way this Mexican Marine Sargent, armed to the teeth and speaking 0 english, starts to give my buddy the usually questions. Got drugs? caring guns? where are you going? where are you from? what's in the back of the truck? Were surrounded by a whole squad of marines with not one smile in the bunch when the Sargent gets to the question, what are your names? I'm tense but fairly cool as things are going smoothly. My buddy, in the same casual tone he's been using all along says, "mi llamo Copper, mi amigo Miguel, y mi cunado Dick Love". Of coarse his bro-in-law isn't named Dick Love. All the tention I had been storing up clashed with the totally hilarious, completely unexpected, and shockingly f'n stupid response my buddy made. The result was I let out sort of an exploding laugh, cough, bark, sob sort of sound and then bit down on my knuckles about as hard as I could to keep from either laughing or punching my buddy. I got a funny look from the Sarg. and off we went. Most check point tales aren't so funny or so stupid but I wanted to share. Of coarse my buddys's bro-in-law was Dick Love or Vierga amor for the rest of the trip. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote