View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
MrPatrick

Drivers can be had for real cheap at the Vista Play it again Sports. They start at $2.99 and go up from there. Today they were buy one get one half off, one was $3.99 and the other was $2.99. The graphite shafts can be used in so many ways, gaff, kage, sail mast, PVC dart thrower( an amazing invention of mine) to be used only under adult supervision! and mostly as beach clean up sticks.

Cut the club head off. It will be easier if you wrap the end of the graphite with blue masking tape cover the graphite and the end of the club head where it meets the graphite, this is the hosel. The tape will help keep splintering to a minimum. Sand the cut end smooth and drive the appropriate sized stainless steel screw into the cut end. If it needs to be made more secure put a generous amount of glue into the cut end of the stick and then put the screw in. Let it dry for a few days with the cut end in a down position to keep the glue around the screw.
You now have a lightweight, super strong trash impaler. You don't have to bend over to pick up trash on a beach clean-up day. You can also write notes to your lady in the wet sand. I think have made five of these for family and friends.

Matt,
"Every party has its pooper, that is why we invited you"!

You may be right, but I don't plan to use it fishing, just playing in the wind on an empty kayak.

Last edited by MrPatrick; 08-27-2013 at 10:28 PM.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote