View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
carbonbass

Awesome job Chris! I fished with you on an offshore paddy trip last year, I dont remember exactly which boat it was but I believe we were scratching rats with a few yft mixed in, it may have even been a 3/4 day. I was wearing the kelp clothing sheepshead shirt and you were telling me about your sheepshead story. I got my first YT in february. I was one of the lucky few who, after 5-6 trips to LJ landed a very nice fish, and it was on iron to boot. Similar story the yellows would breeze through in wolf packs and 6-8 yaks/pb's would hook up at once. The bite went like this for about 2 hours in the early AM and I was drooling watching some of the better yakkers nailing fish with me not getting struck, thinking I guess I just cant fish the iron. Well I left the pack of fisherman to a degree, paddling about 50 yards off the plastic fleet. Sure enough when I thought the bite had already died, a small flurry of about 3 hookups happened again, and I was one of the lucky ones. The best part was that Andy at OEX had sold me the blue and white glow jig the day prior, was like a blessing from them at OEX. Cheers, and now that I have employment again I will be investing in more LJ trips as well!

PS. you know what else is fun if you haven't tried it? Do some research and find a local bonito bite, bring 6lb test and the trusty bubble and feather, it is the most fun fishing ive done from a kayak! I know SD bay and Mission bay get runs once in a while, try it you'll thank me!

carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote