View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
DanaPT

This sounds like the DFG person that is almost always at the ramp and parking lot in Dana Point, has a measuring device, plastic map, etc.. asking those exact same questions to everyone coming back in. I think it's data collection, not necessarily "enforcement". Someone told me that they chatted with this person, and was told as much.. that even if someone brought in an illegal sized fish, they couldn't do anything about it, except maybe copy down a CF number if possible, and report it back to the office.

Anyways, I've never had an unpleasant experience with DFG. I only wish there were more of them, and they would be there all those times I see the illegal bucketeers poaching everywhere. [/QUOTE]

the people you speak of at DP are usually interns or work for DFW. They are non DFW uniformed and don't have badges. They usually wear street clothes and have that clipboard and measuring device. They are simply data collectors. So that is why they ask... what did you catch, where, how big, how deep, how often do you fish, etc.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote