View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #25
momo fish

After a couple hours of online search and calling, nothing except possibly some walk up camp sites at some of the beaches that i would need to go speak to ranger in the morning.. Saw a place called Crystal Cove State Park that i never heard of but pictures look amazing.. (and protected for easy launch).. just need to look into how fishing is out there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef78 View Post
I have camped at Pendleton and at the San Onofre State Beach. I don't think the military beach is open to public. The State Beach, however, is. I liked camping there, but you have to dive to another place to launch your kayak. Unless you want to wheel your kayak down a cliff trail about a half mile long. It's only about a mile away from the campground. Watch out for surfers. MOST IMPORTANT: Both campgrounds are pretty close to the train tracks, so you might wake up in the middle of the night from that. And, if you go to the state beach, look at google maps before you reserve a site and make sure it's not close to the border patrol checkpoint on the adjacent freeway or you will hear their announcing circuit all night.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote