View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Afran
fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
I noticed buying tickets on ticketmaster is $92 for the boat and then you pay for your lake permit when you get to the lake. How much is it to fish off the yak and how do you get this reservation?
Kayak/Tube spots that are generally $20-30 depending on whom you buy them from. Then you will have to pay $20 at the gate for a fishing permit.

Barrett Lake offers 4 fishing spots, 1 boat and 2 car parkings for each single ticket purchased. The owner of the single ticket can then decide what they want to do with the 4 fishing spots. Many people fish 2-3 spots, take the boat and 1 car spot. The remaining 1-2 fishing spots can go for sale to a kayak/tube/shore fisherman. Now the search begins, find the extra spots.

The reason why people sale the spots, is that $92 is a lot of money to go fish bass. They want to recoop their money if they don't use all 4 fishing spots. I've purchased full tickets before and decided that it wasn't worth the money. I'm not a fan of fishing from the john boat and fishing 2-3 guys on the same vessel is little much for me.

I found that kayaking the lake was a more tranquil experience, I fish/work areas more through, and you know, it's kayak fishing... it's why we do this.