Thread: WSB South OC
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
YakHanded
Thread Killer - sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoCody View Post
Anthony,

I am planning to fish Newport on Saturday in search of WSB, halibut, or Thresher (and if none of that hits, rockfish). I havent scored a seabass yet from the kayak either so I can't offer any advice from experience, but if you want to give it a go with me on Saturday your company is more than welcome. I do know that halibut bite well with the moon and I have read that seabass do as well and we do have a new moon friday night so Saturday should be a good day to give it a shot. Let me know...

Cody
Hey Cody, sounds good I'd love to tag along! I was planning on launching Saturday as well. I have not landed one either, these fish are haunting my dreams! Let me know when you plan to launch sounds like fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I fished Crystal Cove last Friday AM and it looked really promising. Corona del Mar, not so much. Plenty of greenbacks around Pelican Point, deeper kelp. I have put in a fair amount of time here and still looking for the Newport ghost.

I guess promising is good to hear! Last few times i've been out there greenbacks have been pretty easy to come by, hopefully that continues. Well shit, sounds like my best option is to get out there as much as possible....increase those odds haha thanks for the info
YakHanded is offline   Reply With Quote