Thread: Malibu xfactor
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
dbarnett66
Danodog

I have had my X-Factor out three separate times. Once in Mission Bay and two local lakes here in San Diego. I am a big dude 325ish and still losing weight. My ride has been dry, but that is expected since I am not hitting the breakers yet. I am extremely pleased with my purchase, although I honestly can't compare it to anything since I have only paddled this yak.

Very stable for a big awkward guy such as myself. It is heavy. I don't believe the kayak to be 62 pounds. I think it is 85+ pounds, but I need to weigh it. It can be a bear to load and unload by yourself. I have a truck, so it isn't too bad. CJ and the guys at OEX Mission Beach installed my fish finder, wiring, and bait tank setup. Works awesome. I had the bait tank and fish finder running off the battery for 11 hours on two days before I recharged the battery again.

The Stealth 14 uses the same hull and has a better casting platform, but the X-Factor has more storage than I know what to do with. While the X-Factor is not nimble, it isn't a barge either. I can maintain speed with relatively easy effort.

dbarnett66 is offline   Reply With Quote