View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #85
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
No scrambling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I/we like to show up around 2 or 3ish, gives us time to slowly unload, grab some lunch/dinner, shoot the sh*t with the other yakker's and listen to Matt's wonderful fishing stories, this year will be even more eventful with Frank joining the crowd.

Traffic on the 5fwy south can go from OK to HOLY CR*P, WE'RE NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT ON TIME! I'm not sure where you're coming from but if it normally takes you 2 hours to get to San Diego allow yourself an additional 2-3hours, you'll thank me later. The extra time will allow you to make runs to the grocery store, hardware store or tackle shop for anything that you may have forgotten to pack.
Just to make sure I won't be scrambling, I just took all my reels apart (just the light ones I may take with me) and are soaking in degreaser and will be servicing this weekend. Also building tow lines & tie-off lines & dock lines while waiting to reassemble my reels.

Already went down to OEX SSB last week to pick up the GB SEAIRSPORT SEATs I ordered and to finally pull the trigger on the Outback I've been talking about with "ANDY" over the last year or so.

Andy spent plenty of time with me going over the accessories I wanted and placement of some of those items. Tried to wipe out the option list as best I could, asked a lot of questions, Andy was a pure professional in his customer service.

After all was said and done I didn't' go over $2400!!!

With any luck , though I'm not in any hurry, I'll have it in a couple of weeks.
The maiden voyage will be on the "Castaic Lagoon" for the first few trips for the bass spawn, then out to Cabrillo or Ventura/Oxnard for some practice surf launches. Then I take on La Jolla & try to catch me a or .
Hope to see you'll out there soon!!!

So I'll be ready for this trip a couple weeks in advance. (hopefully build up some good "JUJU/MOJO" on my yak.)
FFY.

Last edited by FlyFishinYakr; 02-22-2013 at 11:13 AM.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote