Thread: LJ 6/13 am
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Dennis

LJ 6/13 am

I could have swore there was a tourney today... 15-20 kayaks at the launch/otw. Launched at 0515 to 1-2fters. Light onshore, lowtide, water vis. 15, water temp 66. I headed to the pier and picked up some greenies, and horse dines (which later died, you know). Paddled west along the bouy's. I hear some hooting, and this guy is on a thresher... From what I heard he landed it... Anyway, as I rounded the far west bouy, my bait takes off. I reel it in, and a slimelog follows. I head for the kelp and pin on another dine. I hear a big swoosh, looked back and it's right on top of my bait... It takes off, I wait, and I'm on.. short lived. It comes unbuttoned. Oh well.. I paddled over to John(soulwinner), and we BS. We are paddling north, when he say's "There's a shark in front of you." I finally see it, and it's cruising. I paddled along the side of it to try to get an ID. It's about ten feet away, and it gets spooked. I see it go towards my bait, then a quick BBRRAATT... I'm on... After a quick 5 min. I get it to color... It's a pup Mako.. The dogs saw it, but they knew not to mess with it... Self release, unharmed.