View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
Jimmyz123

I go to the show mostly to see the people I know and see the seminars that are held. Stop by Jim Sammons' booths and get some tips from him, see the OEX guys, Unibutter crew, I usually check out the Turner's booth because they often have some deals on Ocean rods. 3 years ago I bought 2 rods for $20 each, and they have never had any issues. Don't let the price of the rods fool you, Big 5 sells some good stuff and I too have a couple of their rods. Trick is getting a good reel that is sound.

The Fred Hall Show has a lot to offer everyone, but you have to spend time at each booth rubbing elbows, listen, and look for the deals. I leave there every year with tons of deals that most don't look for. Back when the shows first started it was like going to a fishing swap meat but now it's more big name sellers. Still, the deals are there if you look, and some of the places keep the prices low for a couple weeks following the shows, so if you miss something you can check it out at the store.

The $150 could go a long way at that show. I hear the Long Beach show is better than Del Mar, but I would rather support the guys who are here locally for the show. If you have never been to the show I recommend going and planning it around some of the seminars.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote