View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Amish Ed

Mission Bay, 12-3-12

Met up with Landwhale and loaded up in the rain a little after 4:30. Our drive was in the rain until about Del Mar where it faded to nothing. Got to Vacation Island and launched about 6:45 to cloudy skies and a cool offshore breeze. Water was a warm 63º and very clear.

We headed to the entrance of Sail Bay and worked that area for about an hour and a half for nada. Headed back around to the Ski Beach area and found some fish. Still slow, but we picked away at them until about 10:30 when the bite died with the peak of the tide. 11:30 we called it a day and met up with Hobie Tom for lunch at Dana Landing Market.

I finished the day with only 5 short spotties, Steve did slightly better with 7. He also managed a couple legals in his batch. Best baits were a C-rigged Zoom fluke in bait fish and a T-rigged Swimmin Senko in pearl blue. I also got one on a 4" Flurry in minnow magic. They definitely did not want the blade either. I put some time into it for one bite.

Overall, I still had fun and I'm glad the rain stayed away. Also, thanks to Steve for driving since I only had 3 hrs sleep for 2 nights.