View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
DarthFisherman

LJ 8/22...the Force was with me!

First, let me apologize for posting my report almost a week late. Between work, school, wife, and an optometrist appointment, I have been absolutely beat! Now that the apology is out of the way...on with the report.

I had the privilege to enlist the services of Josh Pruitt this past Wednesday August 22nd. Given that I am still relatively new to the kayak scene, let alone fishing in general, I figured it best to heed the advice of many BWE members who highly recommend his service's for someone in my situation. Let me start by confirming every positive thing that his been said about him; knowledge, experience, ability to coach/teach, etc., it is all true.

Wednesday proved to be a pretty challenging but highly rewarding day. Bait was extremely difficult to come by, but the pieces that we (I really mean Josh) made were put to very good use. We hit the water by about 6 am with the first real bite of the day coming well into the afternoon, far past all other yakers leaving the scene. My first epic fish battle with a real non-batray-in-the-bay fish produced this guy below, MAN WAS I PUMPED!!!

The next bite came a few hours later. This monster will probably be my PB for quite sometime. It is unfortunate that I didn't have a scale for an 'official' weight, but several have said high 30# low 40#. This was the fish that I have dreamed and obsessed about since I discovered the wonders of kayak fishing and the La Jolla scene. I really never thought that I would be one of those guys in the image gallery or sharing a post with this species, let alone this caliber. I am super proud of myself for staying on target, keeping in the fight, and getting this guy to the boats. That said, thank you big time Josh for putting me on this gorgeous fish that I will never forget. My first yellowtail and a whopper at that!
DarthFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote