View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
mtnbykr2

Tony should be commended, a situation came up one time, him and I were coming into DP harbor from a nice day, we came into the entrance and Tony and I noticed a yak upside down, my first thought was a fellow fisherman and all his gear sinking to the bottom, however upon seeing this, we both went over to the upside down yak and found it to be a rental, and the paddler hanging off the side, clearly out of breath and kinda panicking, he could not get back in,
There must have been a dozen others around, and we watched another yakker paddle right by him prior to our arrival, Tony and I surrounded him and assisted him back into the yak.
As much attention as we pay to our surroundings, PBs, jetskis, ships, rogue wakes, and then add the normal fishing concerns, I think it is everyones responsibility to at least try and help out someone in need on the water if they are able, most of us are pretty experienced, but if something were to happen to me out there I would sure hope that someone like Tony, and Greg were around to give me a hand....