View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
October
Fish Whisperer

Here I am, already thinking of an upgrade....

And I have only been yaking a few months now. But if Im gonna go, Im gonna go big. Balls to the wall. Contemplating a Pro Angler 12/14, or if my wife passes out from seeing how much I paid for it, maybe ill settle for a mirage revolution 13. Im hoping when the time comes (the money actually), I can find a used Pro angler for 2000 (I see one on CL right now).

but anywho, Im wondering, how the heck do people transport that thing? I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox and I HAVE to use the stupid factory bars because thats how GM rolls. They dont have ANY aftermarket cross bars that will fit my factory side rails. Currently, I am transporting a 12 footer on a Malone J rack. It works well but I think Im already over the J racks. Are there any kayak carriers that will fit factory cross bars that will also be able to transport such a large vessel?

p.s. Is the Pro angler considered a Kayak? Is it self bailing? Reason I ask is because it would be even more awesome if I could take it out on diamond valley lake (they dont allow sit on tops)

sheesh this is long, sorry.