Thread: I beat a seal
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #32
taggermike

Do any of you remember when some "insert word here" was cutting off the bills and pouches of pelicans here in SD. I think that was 15 years or so ago. I hope we don't see that BS happening again. With social media and cameras every where that will give every one a black eye. Beating a pelican to death for what they do naturally (eating fish) is just wrong, illegal, and unnessasary.

By all means defend yourself, but defence doesn't start with carring a deadly wepon. It starts with knowledge and a defensive mindset. When you're in bear country you put your chow in a tree or in a bear proof can. You don't stash granola under your pillow in the tent. Treat sealions the same. Get your fish landed, bled, and secured out of sight as quickly as you can. I have never once bled a fish over the side of the yak. I bleed them down the front scupper hole (now mirage drive slot) and just keep water flowing down the hole with a sponge. It's NEVER the animals fault in any human/animal interaction or confrontation. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote