View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #18
Mr_PeaCH

EZ - I would bet that the fishing will never again be as slow there as it was for us. For whatever reason, 15 kayak anglers could not get much of anything to go. Fortunately (for our egos anyway) the rest of the fleet (and there were many sport and private boats in the area all day) was having a deadly slow time of it as well. But we couldn't even get much of a bass bite going and conditions were about as good as they could be. The area is clearly prime fishing grounds for all sorts of critters but it just was not to be.

That being said, you should definately roll the dice and go. I heard a lot of good things about the Islander and the crew and the overall experience before going and was prepared to take it with a grain of salt. But having been I'm a true believer now; this is a first-class operation and was simply a fantastic experience from start to finish; the poor fish count notwithstanding.

So take the whole quiver; your bait gear, your irons, your bass gear, your plastics and just be prepared to go with the flow. You're never too far from the boat that you can't just go back and swap out your gear, reload on bait, or use the head or grab another beverage and snack from the kitchen; it's like flying first-class for kayak anglers, the best of all worlds.

Also, if it starts to blow a little hard mid-afternoon don't let them lift your kayak on board; chances are it will die down for a couple more hours before sundown... I'm still kicking myself for calling it quits early but then again I am an old man.
Mr_PeaCH is offline   Reply With Quote