Thread: Bait Tank
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #24
DarthFisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
As promised..

Make sure you goop up every single hole you make! If I was to do this again, I would remember to drill through the rubber insert and thread all of the wiring first. I forgot to do it for the wires running to the pump, and had already soldered/heat shrunk everything through the plastic (minus the rubber), and didn't want to re-do all that work again.

Just remember, the switch lays on the hot line. The negative runs straight to the battery. Measure twice, cut once. And solder away!

Edit- Darth, if you wanted to run a fuse, put it between the switch and battery on the hot line. That way it will save everything if you have a short. I don't think you'll need one, but I'll let you make that call.
Awesome! Thank you very much for taking the time to snap those pics! I really do appreciate it.

The pics help clear up my questions. I think I will skip the fuse as well. As long as the powers of Goop are on my side I think I will be solid. Now I just have to make the trip to OEX to grab all the misc pieces.
DarthFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote