View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
Badtaste2k

Question for anyone who fishes Redondo

I'm thinking about launching out of King Harbor in the Afternoon around 2-3pm After I get off work this Sunday. Not positive I am going to make it out yet but I have one of those rare opportunities when the wife and kids are with Grandma for the evening and I can get away.

I live in San Pedro and usually fish out of Cabrillo but I expect the wind will have kicked in strong by them and I don't really feel like fighting it. I used to fish out of Redondo when I was a kid on the Party Boats and I know the harbor alright, but it's been so long since I have fished on that side of the pennisula.

I was just thinking about searching the canyon for some Rockfish with some cut squid and swimbaits so I'm not really worried about making bait. Am i going to be fighting any crazy currents or wind out there, as in Cabrillo harbor winds? The reports don't look too bad for Sunday. Is there usually a lot of Boat Traffic there on Sundays? Is there much of an afternoon bite out there? I've seen the Harbor Launch by the kiddie beach so I will try that. I assume it's always open? It seems like a pretty short paddle out.

Actually any useful info on the area would be helpful. I don't really plan on staying out too long, Just paddling out and hunting around for a while.

Hopefully work will let me out a little earlier than 2

Thanks for any info!

Dan
Badtaste2k is offline   Reply With Quote