View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
Divad

Smile Broke Da Cherry!

Broke Da Cherry!
I spent the week trying to get someone to head out of the Harbor with me. You know that safety thing that tells you that need to have a partner to leave the harbor. Oh yea that’s the wife! Well there were a few guys looking at making the journey, up until Friday. But I needed that “Fishin Fix” because I could not think of anything else. So I headed down to the harbor hoping to find someone to make the trip out to the artificial reef. As I came around the corner I saw a kayak in the back of a truck by the boat ramp. Perfect ! So we chatted and he said he would go.

We headed out and I went over to the bait barge on the other side of the harbor and filled up on bait and headed for Artificial Reef 2. We get out to the reef and started doing our drifts and after a short while I caught a small sand bass that was too small and Seth caught a sand dab that was also very small.

Well after a few hours of nothing we head back to the Harbor, where I started working on few more drifts. As I was passing one of the channel markers, my line got tight. I reeled it in after it felt like it was stuck in the rocks till I got the giggle. Oh yea fish on! Well in the excitement I didn’t set the hook and as I got the fish close to the kayak he threw the hook. So I went back and started another drift, and after the second time passing that same point, Bam! It hit again. So this time I set the hook. I reeled it in close to the kayak and gaff it and put it on the game clip. Next stop, back to the boat ramp to get this Hali on ice.

It turned out to be 11 lbs. at 31” What a great day for the needed “Fishin Fix”
Attached Images

Divad is offline   Reply With Quote