View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
yakman619
HMFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildawgjj View Post
Very sad indeed! But when I found out the news, my first reaction was...OK. You can say that I have been emotionally detached from news regarding celebrities. They don't represent the world I live in.

Not taking away from the good he did for the community (he gave back more than others), but I just find it difficult to empathize with these stories.

Does anyone know that a veteran commits suicide every 80 minutes? Never saw that in a headlines, because we don't idolize veterans on the same level as celebrities....

Just sayin'

http://www.cnas.org/files/documents/...llBerglass.pdf

I'm a combat vet, and I've lost a hell of a lot more friends to suicide and run ins with law enforcement than enemy fire. It only makes me more empathetic to his families loss. A human being is a human being. His deeds or misdeeds do not make the loss any less, and how the press presents these losses is not the fault of those who pass. I promise you the American public will morn the loss of a veteran as much as they would the loss of a celebrity...It is the press who decide what you read in the news, do not let the media dehumanize your perception.It's not our place to judge or ridicule.
yakman619 is offline   Reply With Quote