View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
seriola_killer
Sled Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
kinda makes you want to puke doesn't it...and I disagree, it is all political...the oil companies and wall street speculators own the government, they just don't want you to know about it
For the most part, when government gets involved things get fucked up. Here's the best analogy to government control, er, uh, er, assistance:

"If it moves, tax it"
"If it keeps moving, regulate it"
"When it stops moving, subsidize it"

-- Ronald Reagan (when asked what's wrong with our government, his answer to current government philosophy).

Now we have people trying to stay in power pitting classes against each other unabashedly. I don't begrudge anyone who has become wealthy, or even obscenely wealthy. Good for them. But if I hear that the "rich people" need to pay "their fair share" any more, I'm gonna lose my mind. What the fuck is "their fair share" anyways? It's so vague, much like the platitudes these self-absorbed power-craving assholes always speak in. And it's designed to get us fighting with each other while they run off with all the fuckin' money.

If it weren't for "the rich" none of us would be driving cars, floating in kayaks, using the latest and greatest of jigsticks, or even bitching online about the lack of fishing reports because none of us would own a computer.

Sorry for jackin' your thread Neil! Let's go kill some shit soon!
seriola_killer is offline   Reply With Quote