View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Waljojo
old

Traveling Fishing Kit?

Hey Yall,

Coming to San Diego for a wedding and got a fishing pass from the wife for a day in La Jolla. I'm looking for whatever advice yall have to offer. I've fished LJ once before and found a rental place that will drop the boats and pick them up from the launch. Only drawback is that they're scrambler's and have relatively short legs and yall have some fair distances to cover. Anyone have some (relatively) near shore numbers you want to share? I'm also planning to fish at less than prime time (mid-day to the evening) But hey, "best time to fish is when you can" and that's the time I got.

My traveling kit so far is:
Portable FF/GPS, vhf, (2)rods riding in a bait tube, (2)reels, lip gripper, some iron, jig heads, swimbaits, some lead, 5/0 hooks, swivels, split rings, a couple of sabiki rigs, inflatable pfd, my seat, knife, pliers, leashes, some rope, a crate that folds flat with pvc rod holders, and a drift chute that doubles as my gear bag. Jeez, I pack like Mark Sosin. So what'd I miss?

Is a shorty sufficient? Excuse my ignorance but I'm coming from Portland, OR and I don't get in the water up here without a dry suit. Anybody wanna show Barney and Friends your pond?
I'd be more than happy to reciprocate when you found yourself up here (Great Salmon, Steelhead, Sturgeon, Smallies, and Walleye and no surf launches )

Thanks,
Wali
Waljojo is offline   Reply With Quote