Thread: BBQ trout?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #46
fishingfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by min-va View Post
Do you guys know any good launching place there? as i look at google map, looks like only the boat launching area....

Any other good launching area recommend? i try to avoid launch with all those boats...
Back on topic, wow... Min, I like to park and launch by the boat dock. I back my car down the hill and gear up right next to the water. This weekends tournament might have anglers there, but you'll get the idea. If you can park your car there, you can launch there. I don't know this to be the official policy, but no one has ever said anything to me.

I was out there last month in Catfish Cove off the north point, anchored up and had 1 stop shopping for 3 limits. That day they wanted powerbait with a contrasting worm and the good old inflated nighcrawler. We were in about 20' of water. They were also whacking the minijig on a drift that day, not much wind.

As for trolling a CD3/5/7, I like to use 4-6# test and troll at less than 2mph. On a pontoon or rental boat it's close to idle speed. Yup, sloooooow trolling has been effective for me.

I'd join you on Saturday, but have learned to stay away from tournament weekends due to the fishing pressure/crowds. I'll be down in NPH chasing spotties.

Good luck and post a report.

fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote