Thread: Fishing Fine
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
Mobsan

Lesson Learned

Thanks for the posts. I will definitely go to court in hopes of having the fine reduced. I did pick up a regulations booklet and plan on memorizing the damn thing. Ignorance is no excuse, but I swore the fish was a Sculpin. My buddy was on land and warned me DFG was coming, but I didn't think I had anything to worry about since Sculpin only need to be 10". Next time I will either pretend to be deaf and keep diving or just swim away and let the Coast Guard track me down. The officer acted like he was giving me a big break for not confiscating all the gear on me and in my truck. I made an innocent mistake and am not a criminal. It's not like I was poaching abalone or taking lobsters out of season. He even searched my Omer dive vest pockets that hold lead shot weight to see if I was hiding fish filets! I am all about following the rules and protecting our resources, but damn this guy was out for blood and was really trying hard to hit his quota. F it. I am off to go pick up my Olive PA right now, so no more whining from me
Mobsan is offline   Reply With Quote