Thread: Fishing Fine
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
Mobsan

Fishing Fine

So I was doing a little spearfishing yesterday morning just of Mission Point since the bite has been so slow lately. I drilled what I thought was a lovely 14.5" Sculpin right in the head. Unfortunately Fish and Game corrected me. Turned out to be a Cabezon and they must be at least 15" to keep. I had no idea they even were to be found in the bay and I have never actually seen one. Long story short I did not have a fish lunch and got a fine instead. Does anyone have a clue as to what the fine amount will be. This is a first time offense and I might show up at court to see if it will be reduced. I should study the species and regulations closer, but honestly at 25 feet in murky conditions, it looked like a Sculpin. To make matters worse I am pretty sure I left my Omer Alien mask and snorkel on the rocks as I was getting out of the water per Fish and Games request. I was already a bit sour for hesitating on a Halibut shot. It must have been at least 28-30" and took me a second to process, therefore no shot was fired. Oh well.
Mobsan is offline   Reply With Quote