View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #45
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco View Post
This has been an interesting thread for sure... and the debate continues... but, I have a question for all of you Hobie mirage drive users...

I water tested a Hobie Outback before I made a decision not to go with a Hobie mirage drive system... and this is why... My experience while testing this kayak was that while underway, feet in stirrups and pedaling away... I felt like I almost needed to grab the sides of the kayak seat to get the proper leverage while pedaling.

I think this might be a natural human reaction.....I experienced the same thing but only on my first kayak, never with my Outback. The minute your body goes sideways for a split second your first reaction is to hold onto something ......its what we all do regardless of whether we're sitting, standing, walking or running and we start to fall.

I'm thinking that the only reason you don't feel the same way in your Stealth is because your hands are holding onto something(paddle), your mind is telling you its OK because your hands aren't free. If you paddled as fast as possible, drop your paddle and a wake came your way what would be your first reaction? I'm betting the farm that your first reaction would be to grab onto something. Do the same thing but don't lay the paddle down and I guarantee you your first reaction will not be to hold on....why? because you can't.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 02-08-2012 at 07:04 AM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote