View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
hey jim, perhaps you have trojan virus or something. you should run a scan on your computer with a good virus scan if you had not done so already.
Systems clean. I ran Housecall to see if Comodo missed something, Spybot, Hijackthis, about the worst thing I found was a doubleclick cookie.

I'm thinking about making some changes anyway so might wipe the drive and install a new operating system but it's probably fine.

I figured it might be some online retailer, that or a gas station but you never know, it could of come from anywhere.

Just threw this out there to see if happened to anyone else.

A while back there was an credit card scam issue with a popular Gas station up at Castiac where I got diesel there all the time, because it was the cheapest place around. When one of the guys posted about it on FNN at least a dozen posters had been hit, most for over $300+. After that I quit using the station.

Evidently someone was putting a piece of hardware in the pumps, a credit card skimmer, and when they would change the receipt paper they'd retrieve the collected data, and move it from pump to pump. Anyone who used a card with a pump with the skimmer in it had their info stolen. Since the stations right next to the lake a lot of fisherman got hit. That was a few years back, and it didn't happen to me but you never know.

I mean it's no big deal these things happen. I'll give BOA credit they had me on the phone before it even made it to my account.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 01-26-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote