Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fishing after the Great California Tsunami (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9650)

calderonmike 03-11-2011 10:38 AM

Fishing after the Great California Tsunami

I bet that the fishing is going to be amazing in the next day or two after this Tsunami. Can only imagine that the Lobstering might be excellent as well.

walrus 03-11-2011 11:37 AM

Fishing is always great, but sometimes the catching is lacking.
;)

bus kid 03-11-2011 12:03 PM

:iagree:

GregAndrew 03-11-2011 04:24 PM

It kinda sucked during the Tsunami today.

BT 03-11-2011 07:22 PM

Last night I was out bugging, and I didnt hear about the Tsunami until I got home.

That being said, it was a weird night. Usually the dogs are in your nets but last night they werent. I have seen and caught greenies where I go bugging, but the amount of bait in the water last night was insane, and the dogs were chasing after them all night.

I was out with Regor, and he told me about "the show" he was getting over near his nets, how the dogs, birds and dolphins were busting bait all over the place. Then they head down by me. Once that happened my FF was solid for a straight hour, you could see the macs by the hundreds with a head lamp, and the dogs were chasing them down. So I figure I would take advantage of it, but even with a squid tipped sabiki I was only able to catch 7 or so. I thought I would be pulling them in four at a time, but I guess when you are running for your life you arent really hungry.

This went one for a good hour, and I was pulling bugs the entire time, then around 10ish the crawl stopped. I didnt see the dogs or the bait anymore either. Dont know if it was just the end of the crawl and the bait moved on, but I did see more bait paddling it, just not as much.

I was thinking maybe the tsunami had something to do with it all?

fishsouthcounty 03-12-2011 09:15 AM

it was crazy....i went down to Turks in the DP harbor late last night..probably around 12. As i was walkin from along the railing the current was ripping inward still. As we were sittin at the bar a little while later you could see the bait barge twisting to where the shack was way over to the right. apparently the tsunami effect ripped the back part of the barge off of its anchor point so the 1 side was swinging freely with the surges. The thing was swinging all over the place. It was just a trip cause even 12+ hours later the currents and surges were still going crazy. pretty weird

mtnbykr2 03-12-2011 09:48 AM

yeah the wife was in oxnard ventura area this am and the roads to the beach are still closed...it's a big bath tub...water still moving