Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   OEX Sunset and my PA upgrades (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8430)

WahooUSMA 09-29-2010 07:34 AM

OEX Sunset and my PA upgrades

4 Attachment(s)
I want to send out a big hooah to Andy aka 'Iceman' at OEX Sunset Beach for the stellar work he did on my PA. I wanted the clean look of running multiple electrical applications including an auto bilge pump with an override toggle switch, and deck lights with toggle switch without having wires running everywhere. Solution: Flush mounted deck light lights and pull everything back to a 4 post marine fuse panel.

Thanks Andy!

467echo 09-29-2010 07:43 AM

Looks good. Now you just need to hook up a big squid light on it for the :wsb:!

sandydiego 09-29-2010 07:45 AM

Nice Rodger! Hopefully I'll get to see it on the water in LJ. I bought a electric bildge pump, but never installed it after upgrading my hatch seals. I am in the process of making better seat panels and will post them after I have the lumbar panel finished.

Steve

jhook 09-29-2010 08:35 AM

Wow. Does that thing still count as a kayak? You just need to install the bunk and galley and you'll be ready for the long range trips.

lterrero 09-29-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhook (Post 66024)
Wow. Does that thing still count as a kayak? You just need to install the bunk and galley and you'll be ready for the long range trips.

what about a dancing floor??

Aaron 09-29-2010 09:18 AM

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/a...1&d=1285774325

Is the gym in the background to prepare for one day having to lift it? j/k

Still using the scupper cart? I'd lose that especially with the weight of the PA. The work on the boat looks great. Deck lighting is a great idea. I really like the flush mount lights you used. Looks killer.

jorluivil 09-29-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhook (Post 66024)

Nicely done!

Can I get a cheeseburger and a coke.

Regor 09-29-2010 09:44 AM

Sweat!

I love the clean look.

RoeBoat 09-29-2010 10:04 AM

Roger, where is the in-dash dvd player and navigation system?

Jzo 09-29-2010 12:47 PM

Nice, very clean install.

WahooUSMA 09-29-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydiego (Post 66021)
Nice Rodger! Hopefully I'll get to see it on the water in LJ. I bought a electric bildge pump, but never installed it after upgrading my hatch seals. I am in the process of making better seat panels and will post them after I have the lumbar panel finished.

Steve

Let me know how the seat panels work out. I had to warranty one of the straps on my PA today - broke last time out - Hobie is using S/S buckles on the new models. Thanks for the heads up on the hatch seals. They work great.

roadx 09-29-2010 03:58 PM

nice!! and yeah im jealous :D

calderonmike 09-29-2010 05:54 PM

if you don't mind me asking how much did that run you. Planning on getting some electrical stuff done to my yak. and I live only about 2 miles from that shop

WahooUSMA 09-29-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calderonmike (Post 66109)
if you don't mind me asking how much did that run you. Planning on getting some electrical stuff done to my yak. and I live only about 2 miles from that shop

Andy is extremely reasonable. Believe me, it was worth every dollar. Turn around time was 2 day's.

WahooUSMA 09-29-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterrero (Post 66026)
what about a dancing floor??

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> Forget the dancing floor - I'm installing a dancing pole - once installed, I am going to wait by the reserve line for the girl TCS saw over the weekend doing the deed. I got a bunch of $1.00 bills ready to go. If it gets too dark, I can flip on my new lights and she can dance all night long…If we start taking on water, I'll turn on the new bilge! Anyway you look at it, I'm good to go!

umtduckhead 09-29-2010 07:15 PM

dannnnnggggg lookin good!!