Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   mexico tourist card (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8398)

bigbarrels 09-25-2010 03:31 PM

mexico tourist card

Anybody have a secret place they like to pick their Mexico Tourist Card up and pay the fee? Heading past the check point at Guerrero Negro so will need it. Just trying to simplify the process and hopefully bypass the secondary inspection area while crossing the border.....in the past I've picked them up from the secondary inspection area but It is always better to just get past the border. Thanks in advance

dorado50 09-25-2010 05:14 PM

discoverbaja.com. get it stamped at border. they will stamp at ensenada but they object and kept asking why i did'nt get stamp at border.

bigbarrels 09-25-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 65732)
discoverbaja.com. get it stamped at border. they will stamp at ensenada but they object and kept asking why i did'nt get stamp at border.

do you have to be a member to use discoverbaja.com? I saw there was a 39.00 membership fee and their application ask for a membership number....how fast do they get it back to you after doing the application? Thanks for the info

dorado50 09-25-2010 06:52 PM

within a day or two. also great rates for mex.car insurance(am. company). they make it sooo easy... yea i guess u need to be member but well worth it imo.

Jimmyz123 09-26-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbarrels (Post 65733)
do you have to be a member to use discoverbaja.com? I saw there was a 39.00 membership fee and their application ask for a membership number....how fast do they get it back to you after doing the application? Thanks for the info

Why not just get the passport card and then you only have to pay for is 1 time, or does the pass go with the passport card?

T Bone 09-26-2010 11:32 AM

I thought you had to have a passport.I never heard of a tourist card.I am very interested in hearing about it.Can you fly with it too?

bigbarrels 09-26-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T Bone (Post 65768)
I thought you had to have a passport.I never heard of a tourist card.I am very interested in hearing about it.Can you fly with it too?

Here is some info on it:

http://gomexico.about.com/od/entryre...urist_card.htm

You need your Passport to enter back into the US but it isn't needed to get into Mexico......All of my travel north of the checkpoint of Guerrero Negro I have never been asked for a Tourist CArd and therefore never pick one up. At the checkpoint in Guerrero Negro they are looking to see if you have paid the fee....at least that has been my experience..........pain in the butt!

I'm going to call Alaska Airlines and see if they have some in the terminal that I can pick up and then just pay the fee at a bank in San Quentin.......trying to avoid a stop at the border to pick up a Toursist CArd.......don't want to stop anywhere north of Ensenada and I'm assuming there is a bank in San Quentin (I usually never stop here as well)

TCS 09-26-2010 12:49 PM

Or you can just drive over to the discover baja offices. It is located in the Henry's shopping center in University City. Corner of Regents Road and Governor Drive. They also have an extensive collection of Baja books and maps. Knowledgeable staff.

bigbarrels 09-26-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCS (Post 65770)
Or you can just drive over to the discover baja offices. It is located in the Henry's shopping center in University City. Corner of Regents Road and Governor Drive. They also have an extensive collection of Baja books and maps. Knowledgeable staff.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! This will be my back up plan (airport is closer to me)