Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Some Moyer Memorial Reminders (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8231)

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-06-2010 02:00 PM

Some Moyer Memorial Reminders

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegall...ta/500/art.jpg

So the tournament is this Saturday September 11th and I want to remind you all of a few things.

The deadline for on-line entry is this Thursday night, after that you will have to pay at the event and the cost is $60 per person.

120 entries so far, still lagging a bit, but we usually get a lot of last minute entries and walk ups.
At this point we have less than half of your entry/waver forms. PLEASE get these in to me before the tournament. It really slows down the check in procedure if you have to fill it out when you get there.
Real simple to do.
Go to this link

http://lajollakayakfishingadventures.com/pdf/tournament2010rulesAndEntry.pdf

Print it
Fill it out
scan and email

IF you are entering the day of the tournament or have not sent it in to me please at least have it printed and filled out so we don't have to do it that morning.</O:p>
<O:p
The Weigh-in and BBQ is at Kate Sessions Park here are different routes you can take from the shores to get there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...08569&t=h&z=13

OR

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...t=h&z=13&via=1 <O:p

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Please give yourself plenty of time to get there by the weigh-in deadline.

We will have a raffle and a lot of incredible auction items including an OK Trident 15 and Chargers and Padres autographed memorabilia so bring your $$$$$$$.

This event is for a good cause, with all proceeds going to help the American Cancer Society and our friend Joel Lotilla who is battling cancer at this time. So please help out how ever you can.Yes this is a competition but it is also a fun event and the fun is more important.

We have a lot of great sponsor and will be paying down the top five positions. With first place getting $1000 from Maui Jim.

Don't forget the Dash for Cash which will pay $5 from every entry to the first person back to Kate Sessions Park with a fish of 10 pounds or larger. At this point that is $600.00

Each entrant will get a captains bag with some swag from our great sponsors including one of the new AWESOME event T-shirts. You will get this bag when you sign in on the beach the morning of the event. (everyone must check in with us before launching).
IF you are a walk up at the event you will pick up your shirt at the weigh-in. Those that register in advance will have first opportunity to get the correct shirt size. We did order extra shirts and should have plenty for sale at the weigh-in for those that would like a second shirt. No extra shirt sales at the check in.

Families are welcome at the event but if you would like them to have lunch with us the cost is $5 per person. There will be a wrist band in your captains bag which is your lunch ticket.

Thanks again to all of you that have entered we look forward to seeing you there.

dsafety 09-06-2010 04:49 PM

Hey Jim,

You have probably covered all of this somewhere but I did not get the memo.

Will you be providing any adult or any other kinds of beverages at the BBQ or is it BYO refreshments?

If someone wants to bring a guest to the BBQ, is that possible? Will there be a charge? If so, how much? (Oops. Strike this question. I just read your post again in which you clearly state the cost is $5 a head.)

You mentioned something in a previous post about some bait being available on the water. This is probably a dumb question but how will we find the bait guy?

Thanks for all your efforts helping to put this event together. Lets hope the weather and more importantly the fish cooperate to make it the best one yet.

Bob

Iceman 09-06-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

13. This is a shot gun start so NO LAUNCHING Prior to 6:00 am or after 7:00
geez, I planned to take my gratus 'dine and win it before 6am......this changes things :biggrinjester:

who's making breakfast?

lamb 09-06-2010 07:03 PM

nice summary Jim. Can't wait. :luxhello:

Yeah, Masta's breakfast ritual. Lets do it.

I'm in, bringing in some pastry.

Tman 09-06-2010 07:14 PM

Party boat sammiches...

Can we get some breakfast party boat sammiches delivered to pre-launch?

:drool5:

467echo 09-06-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 64176)

You mentioned something in a previous post about some bait being available on the water. This is probably a dumb question but how will we find the bait guy?

Bob

Just cruise by me Bob, I'll hook you up with some frozen chovies at a discounted rate.:D

HOBIE SHAQ1 09-06-2010 07:50 PM

Hey guys I'm down to bring in some pastries to the launch. I just have to find the closes pastry shop closes to launch any pointers?

Regor 09-07-2010 05:44 AM

Anyone know if there's a 24 hr Roberto's (or any breakfast burrito shop) nearby to the Shores.

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-07-2010 07:46 AM

Depending on the surf size, the bait boats are generally stationed just outside the surf line.
And no we will not be providing adult beverages, too much liability there for us.

sdfisher 09-07-2010 08:29 AM

BYOBeverages .... fortunately for us the organizers of this event picked a park where alcohol is permitted :cheers1:

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-08-2010 10:11 AM

A couple more things.

Please leave us space to set up the sign in table in front of the wood rail/fence.

You don't need to hear your name called and respond for the On the water drawing. We will have the prizes with your name attached up at the weigh in. The drawing will be announced over channel 71.

If you are not sure if your vehicle can make it across the sand, don't try. No one wants to dig you out if you get stuck.

It will be high tide at 11:30. When you land there won't be a ton of beach to work with. Please get your kayak and gear off the beach ASAP to ensure everyone has room to get their gear. Plenty of time to stand around and chat up at the weigh in. It may be best to use your wheels rather than driving onto the beach as it could be a mess on the sand.

If you have not fished La Jolla before, remember that you must get past the yellow reserve buoys before you begin fishing. IF you are not sure, ask someone.

We will have a lot of kayaks on the water, with people with varying degrees of experience, please look out for each other. Remember this is a fun event ment to bring this community together.

sandydiego 09-08-2010 10:39 AM

I feel like it's almost christmas. This is my first time in a fishing tournament and am looking forward to having some fun with the group here. Everyone I have met has been really great. Thanks 467Echo for getting me back in the water! Been too long.

mtnbykr2 09-08-2010 11:31 AM

I was planning on making this tourney but as my luck would have it, got the day at work, I hope everyone has a great time and lots of fishys...
thanks for the info Jim, and all the hard work...we gotta get out again...b

:party:everybody have fun...

Vikingj 09-08-2010 07:58 PM

Parking? I'm planning to arrive 4:45-5:00. Will the shores beach parking lot be open? Any other options? Thanks

deepdvr 09-08-2010 08:10 PM

Should be tons of street parking available

h2ofishfo 09-08-2010 08:53 PM

bring your beach wheels fools also dash for cash does that include boneys,bass & cudas for the misc. catch bracket

old_rookie 09-08-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBIE SHAQ1 (Post 64190)
Hey guys I'm down to bring in some pastries to the launch. I just have to find the closes pastry shop closes to launch any pointers?

There is LJ Shores market on La Playa. I see there is a cheese shop there too. I also remember getting breakfast at a shop at the corner of La Playa and LJ Shores Dr.

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-09-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2ofishfo (Post 64346)
bring your beach wheels fools also dash for cash does that include boneys,bass & cudas for the misc. catch bracket

The dash for cash is for the first fish 10 pounds and over. NO BASS
There is no misc catch bracket this year.

Jim Sammons LJKF 09-10-2010 08:02 AM

Pre registration is done and we have 135 people signed up for the event. We will still take walk ups but the cost is $60.

Pre Registered entrants will pick up their captains bags, which includes the event shirt, at the check in before fishing.
Walk ups will get their shirts and bags at the weigh-in.
This is to ensure the people that took the time to pre register have the first shot at the bags and proper sized shirts.

Once again I ask that if you have not already done so please print the waver, fill it out and bring it with you.
http://lajollakayakfishingadventures.com/pdf/tournament2010rulesAndEntry.pdf

Go print it right now, fill it out and put it in your car so no excuses for forgetting it.

See you all tomorrow

steveooo 09-10-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 64355)
The dash for cash is for the first fish 10 pounds and over. NO BASS
There is no misc catch bracket this year.

Just for clarification- The only fish that would not qualify for this is a bass? How 'bout bat rays? Leopards? Sea Slugs?