Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   seeking help (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=4473)

fisher2 01-27-2009 09:44 AM

seeking help

hi im 16 and am planning to move from the east coast to san diego and was wondering if anyone could contact me and talk me tru some things about moviing saving up how to transport stuff there etc

dorado50 01-27-2009 10:02 AM

Where are your parents and/or guardians???????

KennyHill 01-27-2009 10:43 AM

You must really wana catch some of or big yellow tail and white sea bass..
after you graduate high school load all your stuff up and drive. cross country isnt that far ive drove it before. make sure you have somwhere to go when you get here. and a job lined up. (if its ok with your guardian) good luck.

FishSeeker 01-27-2009 11:09 AM

yeah thats one heck of a treck

fisher2 01-27-2009 12:08 PM

my parents know i wanna go to west coast im not planning on it till im outa highschool and have some money lined up and someone willing to let me bunk with themor room mate with them im jus trieing to figure out how im gonna do this early im not planniong on moving till im atleast 21 more then likely but depending on how fast i get thru everything is a major deciding fact im trying to set my life up early

dorado50 01-27-2009 12:39 PM

I suggest you stay in school as long as possible!!!!.......Then go west young man there is a beautiful girl waiting for you.....

anjcomp 01-27-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 33386)
I suggest you stay in school as long as possible!!!!.......Then go west young man there is a beautiful girl waiting for you.....

Good advice :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

dadandsonkayak 01-27-2009 03:33 PM

Amen

Amen! i turn 16 this year and the chicks are plenty:handkiss::cheers:

SeaDog 01-27-2009 03:53 PM

Come to school out here to start; it'll give you the flexibility to live in different areas out here. In addition, the areas around schools are set up for college age students, i.e. jobs, housing, etc. You'll meet a lot of friends so you can switch roommates frequently which is usually important. When you graduate you'll be able to afford to live here (maybe, still working on that).

Quilted Germ 01-27-2009 04:10 PM

Study your balls off...get into UCSD...you'll be minutes from The Shores and if you're nice, Dark Horse might be able to teach you how to use a 9' Ulua rod to throw a Tady iron from your dorm room to the ocean. The YT's are awaiting your arrival...

prowlerdude 01-27-2009 05:11 PM

Navy will move ya out here with some skills.

MKNOTT 01-27-2009 06:32 PM

PROWLERDUDE is right. Go see your local Navy recruter and he will hook you right up with some west coast fishing.

MKNOTT

THE DARKHORSE 01-27-2009 07:16 PM

My Ulua's a 93H which has been cut down to 9' 3" from 10'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quilted Germ (Post 33411)
Study your balls off...get into UCSD...you'll be minutes from The Shores and if you're nice, Dark Horse might be able to teach you how to use a 9' Ulua rod to throw a Tady iron from your dorm room to the ocean. The YT's are awaiting your arrival...

But, I picked up a full ten footer today, Yellowtail beware. :jig:

fisher2 01-27-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunt n Fish (Post 33427)
This thread is the exact reason why I have my parental internet settings set so high.

can u explain this to me my parents and i have already talked it over and said i can move aslong as i have it planned and such its not like im just leaving im 16 im planning my life i could be doing worse things at my age

Matt 01-27-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher2 (Post 33431)
can u explain this to me my parents and i have already talked it over and said i can move aslong as i have it planned and such its not like im just leaving im 16 im planning my life i could be doing worse things at my age

I think hunt n fish is kidding ya man! GO TO COLLEGE BLUE COLLAR IS HARD WORK!! Plus chicks in college are hot! Plus you can get a dorm and 3 hots and a cot and did I mention Chicks??? Get good grades, wind up owning a huge million dollar company, buy a place at the shores and walk your boat to the launch every morning........I know at least one guy who is making this plan work perfect!!

fisher2 01-27-2009 08:42 PM

if he was whoops lol. uhh wow ucsd will be hard gotta study my balls off lol i gotta start paying attnetion

fisher2 01-27-2009 09:46 PM

o then the joke went over my head

One Rev 01-28-2009 06:00 AM

Two girls for every boy in Surf City. Or did that end in the 60's? The making millions as stated above ain't bad though. Give that a try, I need some young-un's to fund the SS system for me when I retire.
Good luck on your plans.

Mike

MVC 01-28-2009 06:28 AM

The Coast Guard is a good option. You might even get stationed in San Diego.

MalibuJohnny 01-28-2009 07:32 AM

Stay in school

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher2 (Post 33383)
my parents know i wanna go to west coast im not planning on it till im outa highschool and have some money lined up and someone willing to let me bunk with themor room mate with them im jus trieing to figure out how im gonna do this early im not planniong on moving till im atleast 21 more then likely but depending on how fast i get thru everything is a major deciding fact im trying to set my life up early

Save your money...go to school. In today’s unemployment (around 10%) to make a move like that, man that would be a tough one! What skills do you have? Tools? Car? Do you have friends out here you could call if you needed them...?

Sorry sounding like my Dad! Maybe come out for the summer and get a reality check, before make it a permanent move!