Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anybody recommend a hot plastic weld tool. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30637)

MITCHELL 02-17-2017 06:17 PM

Anybody recommend a hot plastic weld tool.

That works good.I bought one at harbor freight that barely works on a hot day...but real slow. I patched the two thinnest spots on my plastic canoe....after I noticed my first leak....if you ever patched plastic before you melt the
Metal mesh in first before you melt new plastic....I would like to beef up my bottom a little more.any professional advice would be appreciated....and if you tell me go buy a kayak I have two and gave one away.

ful-rac 02-17-2017 06:20 PM

Go buy a BOAT!

MITCHELL 02-17-2017 06:42 PM

I have had three boats

Don't need another trailer....my canoe is way more comfortable than your PA and I don't get a wet ass....but thanks anyway.

Harry Hill 02-18-2017 07:39 AM

would pour foam in the bottom of your canoe make it better. I had a sears skiff that was made from some kind of plastic and at speed the bottom would pop in if you hit a wake or hard chop. I filled the bottom with pour foam and then took a grinder and made it flat and it worked great at stopping the flex in the bottom and never came loose and as far as I knew I never had a hole in the bottom so I don't know if it would stop a leak. It also made the bottom a lot warmer when fishing on ice cold lakes.Just an idea you might want to look into. You have to watch the density as the real dense stuff adds a lot of weight.

Iceman 02-18-2017 07:44 AM

I use and sell the KC welder, like a flat soldering iron with a hole to feed plastic rod through

MITCHELL 02-18-2017 09:00 AM

Thanks iceman

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 275540)
I use and sell the KC welder, like a flat soldering iron with a hole to feed plastic rod through

How do I buy online with you or would you prefer me to get it somewhere else I see there around $70

Iceman 02-18-2017 10:00 AM

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/hobie-kc-welder

Also for bigger stuff I use a heat gun.........and patience so you do not make a lil hole into a BIG one.:D

Dannowar 02-18-2017 10:40 AM

Call fisher/price. It should still be under warranty.

MITCHELL 02-19-2017 01:07 AM

COLMAN XRAM SCANOE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 275544)
Call fisher/price. It should still be under warranty.

Nnucklehead:boxing_smiley:

MITCHELL 02-19-2017 01:13 AM

I have flotation on all four sides

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 275539)
would pour foam in the bottom of your canoe make it better. I had a sears skiff that was made from some kind of plastic and at speed the bottom would pop in if you hit a wake or hard chop. I filled the bottom with pour foam and then took a grinder and made it flat and it worked great at stopping the flex in the bottom and never came loose and as far as I knew I never had a hole in the bottom so I don't know if it would stop a leak. It also made the bottom a lot warmer when fishing on ice cold lakes.Just an idea you might want to look into. You have to watch the density as the real dense stuff adds a lot of weight.

plus two bilge pumps

Dannowar 02-19-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 275577)
Nnucklehead:boxing_smiley:

Quoting for irony

cabojohn 02-19-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 275514)
That works good.I bought one at harbor freight that barely works on a hot day...but real slow. I patched the two thinnest spots on my plastic canoe....after I noticed my first leak....if you ever patched plastic before you melt the
Metal mesh in first before you melt new plastic....I would like to beef up my bottom a little more.any professional advice would be appreciated....and if you tell me go buy a kayak I have two and gave one away.

I'd shoot it full of holes and put it out of its misery.
🙈

X2 buy a boat

MITCHELL 02-19-2017 02:00 PM

Been there....

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cabojohn (Post 275596)
I'd shoot it full of holes and put it out of its misery.
🙈

X2 buy a boat

done that your turn....

MITCHELL 02-19-2017 02:35 PM

Shoot bullets holes in a perfectly good canoe....

2 Attachment(s)
The worlds full of idiots