Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MLPA closure coming!!! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=2804)

bajadog1 12-15-2007 08:21 AM

MLPA closure coming!!!

I just read WON this week and felt sorry for you yakers.:( Where ya gonna fish when our whole coast is off limits 3 miles out? Might be a good time to sell the yak and get a boat before the market is flooded with yaks.lol Hope it doesnt happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it will.:nurse:

bellcon 12-15-2007 08:33 AM

first alan cranston then fienstien closed big chunks of the california desert.... now 3 miles of shoreline?
every healthy addiction i have ( jeeping and kayak fishing) seems to be in danger
i guess i will do what i did about the desert issue... GET involved (donate time and money) then pray
if that fails i will fish 3.1 miles from shore
Don

FISHIONADO 12-15-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajadog1 (Post 19336)
I just read WON this week and felt sorry for you yakers.:( Where ya gonna fish when our whole coast is off limits 3 miles out? Might be a good time to sell the yak and get a boat before the market is flooded with yaks.lol Hope it doesnt happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it will.:nurse:

Got some envy issues do ya? Can't catch a fish? Just kidding lol

ski 12-15-2007 03:05 PM

Oh well:smokin:
Either we will be breaking out the bay rods, or we will have to poach:dontknow:

Tman 12-17-2007 11:11 AM

...wonder how many tickets they'll give out to my 7 yr old before they give up. Don't think he can paddle 3 miles offshore, and don't want him to, are they gonna tell him he can't fish off his yak then?

Now they are violating my right to bond with my son.

Can you say frivolous lawsuit? Who wants in?

Complete and utter bullshit. :the_finger: Go take up another hobby. They wanna save something so bad, they should take in a homeless crack addict and get him clean....

dorado50 12-17-2007 03:14 PM

hey Bajadog, I pretty much feel sorry for you!!! :you_rock: But don't worry about kayak fisherman, they are a resourseful group that I'm sure can handle obstacles put into their path.

bajadog1 12-17-2007 05:48 PM

Dont feel sorry! I smell a new business venture. Rides for yakers to the 3.0 mile line. $15.00 a head should do. I can take 4 at a time. Meet you outside the breakers at LJ.lol

gotz togo fishin 12-17-2007 07:55 PM

I had a boat once, my happiest moment was the day i bought it and the day i sold it! :luxhello: MONEY PIT!

PAL 12-17-2007 08:43 PM

Guys, read the other thread. Yes, the closures will take place in state waters - that's three miles from the coast. But it won't be anything like the entire coastline, and we're fighting to hang onto our launch spots.

It'll be tough, but it won't be the end of the world as we know it. But don't make the mistake of thinking the bays are off the table. They'll be closures there too.