Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   La Jolla 8/29 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26867)

jorluivil 08-29-2015 08:27 PM

La Jolla 8/29

1 Attachment(s)
Launch time: dark thirty something

Bait: Greens and Spaniards

First hook up: Cuda just shy of 40 inches

Second hook up: medium size Bonita

Third hook up: another Cuda

Forth hook up: YT on the surface. While fighting this fish my other rig which was on the bottom goes off. I land the first fish, grab the second rod and fish is still hooked. Two yellows back to back in less than 5minutes

Fish lost: 50 pound halibut, 43 pound white seabass, 48 pound yellowtail. I didn't see the fish, my guesses are based on how the fish hit and fought

Caden 08-29-2015 08:32 PM

Good stuff vato

Raul 08-29-2015 08:33 PM

nice catch

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

theluckypig 08-30-2015 06:45 AM

:cheers1:

HELLSTER INC. 08-30-2015 07:54 AM

2 in 5min...:you_rock: How did the closed launch look on the way in?

jorluivil 08-30-2015 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HELLSTER INC. (Post 239972)
2 in 5min...:you_rock: How did the closed launch look on the way in?

:eek:

HELLSTER INC. 08-30-2015 10:16 AM

Nice, maybe we should start reporting our shark sightings daily and keep it that way!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pocoloco 08-30-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HELLSTER INC. (Post 239990)
Nice, maybe we should start reporting our shark sightings daily and keep it that way!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just keep bleeding your fish on the way in and we will have the launch to ourselves:reel:

svendawg 08-30-2015 12:05 PM

Not likely

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocoloco (Post 239992)
Just keep bleeding your fish on the way in and we will have the launch to ourselves:reel:

If they think the Kayak fisherman are causing the sharks to come in shallow they will close the launch ramp to fisherman.
We need to keep this low key, and if your gonna bleed and gut your fish you should do it outside so this issue doesn't escalate into a closure.

summers in kuwait 08-30-2015 12:55 PM

It only takes one instance to create concern and unfortunately sharks have a stigma. I mean we don't close the mountains when we see an elk or moose. I know they are different, but we are in their space. I think the big thing to take away from this is education for new people. Don't chum on the inside. Bleed and gut your catches outside away from any swimmers.

Pocoloco 08-30-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svendawg (Post 240000)
If they think the Kayak fisherman are causing the sharks to come in shallow they will close the launch ramp to fisherman.
We need to keep this low key, and if your gonna bleed and gut your fish you should do it outside so this issue doesn't escalate into a closure.

Me thinks you take things too serious:doh:

CardiffJim 08-30-2015 09:52 PM

With respect to the swimmers, as well as our future, it would be prudent for all of us to bleed and clean any fish outside the preserve buoy. That's only common sense and courtesy. Fatten up those lobsters!!

kauaiboy04 09-01-2015 06:32 AM

jorge, tell tony my yak is not gay colored!

jorluivil 09-01-2015 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kauaiboy04 (Post 240338)
jorge, tell tony my yak is not gay colored!

Of course it's not, Sunshine.

Pinhead 09-01-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocoloco (Post 240054)
Me thinks you take things too serious:doh:

100% Agree - I think it is wise to clean your fish far outside and don't mention shark sightings. We need to stay under the radar and portray the most positive image possible.

The Anti Fishing & Hunting folks are well organized, have plenty of money and would easily gain enough public support to close the launch ramp.

Besides fishing, I have been hunting in SD for 20+ years. I have watched the Anti's successfully close almost all target shooting areas, close massive amounts of public land to hunting, remove LEAD from ALL hunting by 2019 and now have gotten new legislation going to manage coyote/varmint hunting.

None of these things may be of interest to some or most, but they are clear examples of how the Anti's can stop activities if they want to. The Anti's are very good at quickly building a case and ramming it thru the system.

Here are 3 points I recall they used to close the target shooting areas;

1. Claiming stray-bullets were *flying everywhere*, resulting in a possible public safety risk.
2. Showing pictures of all the trash left behind by shooters, resulting in a threat to local wildlife and public health.
3. Showing pictures of shot-up local street signs.

The Anti's don't like fishing and hunting and will try to stop it any way possible.