Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Camp grounds near la jolla (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=24491)

ceviche eater 02-03-2015 02:55 PM

Camp grounds near la jolla

I want to fish la jolla for a weekend in May, does any one know of a good places?san onofre or silver strand have openings I've never been to either any info is greatly appreciated

Cbad Mike 02-03-2015 03:35 PM

I don't know of anything real close.
Look at Carlsbad or Cardiff campgrounds.

Bert Vega 02-03-2015 04:07 PM

just stay the night at the park. They let the homeless crash there.

ctfphoto 02-03-2015 04:11 PM

Stay at the La Jolla shores Hotel on the beach.

Room rates are surprising cheap for the location.

They can store kayaks for free.

We stayed there last summer and I live 20 minutes from La Jolla

We are tripling are stay there this summer as we had so much fun last summer.

TJones 02-03-2015 04:21 PM

Pio pico (1000 trails )

Rv resort and campground . Jamal ,California . I camped there last summer a couple times . I brought the yaks with and fished Lj in the afternoon . I think it was approximately 25 miles away . There are places on the bay or very near to Lj , but are more money . Probably well worth the extra. Of course prices with adjust with the peak of demand . Pm replied. Thanks .

TJones 02-03-2015 04:24 PM

How cheap ? 75$ a night ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfphoto (Post 217512)
Stay at the La Jolla shores Hotel on the beach.

Room rates are surprising cheap for the location.

They can store kayaks for free.

We stayed there last summer and I live 20 minutes from La Jolla

We are tripling are stay there this summer as we had so much fun last summer.

Seriously , is it less than 450$ ?

ctfphoto 02-03-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 217515)
Seriously , is it less than 450$ ?

Mid week, non beach view (garden view) we got it for around $230 / day in the Middle of July. Not bad as people from around the world come to this hotel on the beach in La Jolla.

Should be cheaper now. Call them and negotiate as a local.

wiredantz 02-03-2015 04:31 PM

$240 dollars a night for june, that $500+ plus for 2night leave the wife at hotel so she can be happy. 2 nights for $500.00

that is pretty cheap....

but ill just sleep in my car

momo fish 02-03-2015 06:22 PM

That's a decent fishfinder... I'll sleep with the homeless guys on the beach or in my car ☺️

Irishman 02-03-2015 06:42 PM

All depends on your definition of camping. If your doing a tent and valuables and gear can be locked in your vehicle overnight check out campland on the bay in mission bay. It's 15 mins from la jolla and has basics, you can leave your tent ready to go but no valuables once you leave to go fish. For a couple of guys wanting to do a weekend at la jolla it's an option. Go fish and come back and crash and repeat.

TJones 02-03-2015 06:54 PM

I think that's the one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman (Post 217535)
All depends on your definition of camping. If your doing a tent and valuables and gear can be locked in your vehicle overnight check out campland on the bay in mission bay. It's 15 mins from la jolla and has basics, you can leave your tent ready to go but no valuables once you leave to go fish. For a couple of guys wanting to do a weekend at la jolla it's an option. Go fish and come back and crash and repeat.

I checked them out . 65 -100$ depending on rv site during summer . About the going rate .might be worth checking into a annual pass if they have one ?

Batmann 02-03-2015 06:57 PM

Check out the KOA campground just south of the 54 in National City/Chula Vista. They have cabins as well as traditional camp sites. About 20 minutes drive to LJ without traffic.

https://koa.com/campgrounds/san-dieg...ccommodations/

MissileTM 02-04-2015 10:15 AM

Carlsbad state beach is a great campground, but you have to plan ahead and get a reservation like 6 months out. Also San Elijo has a great campground too. Both are like 15-20 minutes away from LJ and are both on the beach and not way down in Chula Vista although that KOA is really nice. Santa Fe RV park is really close, right on the 5 just south of the 52 but it is pretty noisy with the freeway less than 30 yards from the fence. We have stayed in almost all of the campgrounds in the SD area with our RV before we bought a beach house in PB.

tomahawk 02-04-2015 06:20 PM

Check for a vacation rental home in the area. My family rented a 3 bedroom home for 3 nights last summer for $515 (including all taxes, etc). It was walking distance from the launch. It was on Calle De Plata.