Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   X Factor For Sale (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=23983)

danjor 11-29-2014 01:26 PM

X Factor For Sale

8 Attachment(s)
This is a very clean yak, looks like it is still showroom new, not a blem, washed with soap after every trip, no major scratches, OEX installed everything on it. Hate to sell my yak but looking to go to the dark side. Has center hatch converted to a bait tank with on off timer, spider seat, fiberglass paddle, flush mount Airmar P319 transducer, gear track. Not for sale anymore

chris138 11-29-2014 04:29 PM

Darkside meaning hobie, or darkside meaning Livingston?

danjor 11-29-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 212313)
Darkside meaning hobie, or darkside meaning Livingston?

Hobie!

CheapPelican 11-29-2014 06:08 PM

Wait a minute, what happened, pulled the plug on the lithium/trolling motor project?

danjor 11-29-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapPelican (Post 212321)
Wait a minute, what happened, pulled the plug on the lithium/trolling motor project?

I still have all the stuff I just haven't put it all together. I tried making a couple mounts for the trolling motor but I didn't like how the plastic in the back of the kayak flexed with the weight of the motor. Than was going to just buy a bassyak but never did. Didn't like how wide this kayak is compared to my old trident 15 and just came to the conclusion of I'll just get a hobie. I just need to stop telling myself the hobie cost to much and find a yak I'll love again and just get out fishing.

Racksticker 12-02-2014 08:35 AM

Did you find this model to be difficult to fish in the ocean or too slow or ? Any other issues with it ?

I have this same model x-factor yak and have only fished the bays a few times and hope to venture out to the local kelp beds pretty soon. Any advice or info on this is appreciated ;-)

danjor 12-02-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racksticker (Post 212537)
Did you find this model to be difficult to fish in the ocean or too slow or ? Any other issues with it ?

I have this same model x-factor yak and have only fished the bays a few times and hope to venture out to the local kelp beds pretty soon. Any advice or info on this is appreciated ;-)

It is very stable in the ocean, even more stable with the bait tank full since it is low in the kayak, easy to fish off of, really rigid kayak so it punches threw big waves instead of flexing over them like my old trident 15 used too and it is a little on the slow side. There are no problems or issues with this kayak I would just like to try a hobie or the new kraken since it looks like it would handle the same as the kayak I learned on which is the trident 15.

danjor 12-04-2014 01:57 PM

Bump and price drop