Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hey all. New to the board (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=23205)

LBKayakDude 09-04-2014 09:26 AM

Hey all. New to the board

Hey guys. I'm new to the board and kayak fishing as well. I actually found this awesome forum by meeting Silbaugh4liberty (what's up dude!) when me and my buddy we're kayak fishing in long beach about a week or two ago. The three of us drifted the islands, had a great day.
I'm from Long Beach. Been fishing since I was a kid and just about 6 months ago got into kayak fishing. During a camping trip some guys let me and my buddy take out they're kayaks and we were so hooked we bought our yaks within a couple weeks.
So far we've just fished long beach and Newport harbor. Also cabrillo and white point beach. Am excited to be on here and looking forward to sharing and learning anything I can. 👍
- Joe

Silbaugh4liberty 09-04-2014 09:53 AM

Hey Joe, nice meeting you out there. Hopefully we'll get some halibut instead of bat rays next time! ! I might hit up Newport this Sunday (staying close to home). And definitely will be hitting up LA Jolla the following Sunday. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime. Cheers!

~Kevin~

FISH11 09-04-2014 09:55 AM

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to your reports. Sounds like you already caught the addiction. Tight Lines!

Cbad Mike 09-04-2014 12:05 PM

Welcome....
New guy buys the beer.
:cheers1:

Cadillyak 09-04-2014 04:59 PM

Welcome to the board. Ton of knowledge here. U are in the right place. What type of yak do u have?

alanw 09-04-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbad Mike (Post 205344)
Welcome....
New guy buys the beer.

:iagree:

LBKayakDude 09-04-2014 06:18 PM

Thanks Kevin and everyone for the responses. What if new guy brews the beer? 😁 Hope u like imperial stout and double ipa... Anyways my yak is pretty entry level (Lifetime Tamarack) 😂😂 I know... Already looking into something more as I'm really loving this yak fishing and the feeling of being safe out on the ocean 👍

cell128 09-04-2014 06:22 PM

I might hit up Newport this Sunday too see u guys out there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bert Vega 09-04-2014 06:56 PM

Welcome to the board. Really good group of people on this board. Lots of knowledge to be gained. Ask questions someone will answer. I started at the beginning of the year. Learned tons from the guys on here. And have made some good friends along the way

Silbaugh4liberty 09-04-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBKayakDude (Post 205367)
Thanks Kevin and everyone for the responses. What if new guy brews the beer? 😁 Hope u like imperial stout and double ipa... Anyways my yak is pretty entry level (Lifetime Tamarack) 😂😂 I know... Already looking into something more as I'm really loving this yak fishing and the feeling of being safe out on the ocean 👍

No worries, I'm glad i showed you this site. I'll take an imperial stout or double ipa next time we fish! ( i don't drink fizzy yellow beer with no flavor). We should hit up Newport some time for flatties or rockfish. Shoot me a message when you plan on going. Later bro.

jorluivil 09-04-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbad Mike (Post 205344)
Welcome....
New guy buys the beer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 205365)
:iagree:

:iagree: and I don't even drink

janines.fishtales@cox.net 09-05-2014 06:32 AM

Welcome Joe

This is an amazing community, with so much knowledge, and so graciously given!

Janine:cheers1: